Welcome to my first ever Stacking The Shelves, hosted by Tynga’s Reviews!
I figured this was the perfect week to start this feature because I spent a crapload of money on books. I work in a bookstore and get a discount, but even then, I was racking them up.
1. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. I’ve heard really awesome things about this book, so i’m really excited to read it. And Peter Pan is one of my favourite stories, so it should be an interesting retelling.
2. Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. Cinder was the one book on everyone’s TTT list that they didn’t expect to love as much as they did. And i’m going to a book signing next week and Marissa Meyer will be there so I figured I needed to get reading this series asap.
3. House of Secrets by Chris Columbus and Ned Vizzini. I loove middle grade and this cover is too awesome! And Chris Columbus is the coolest director so I had to.
4. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. The first time I ever picked this up, I was not interested at all because of the eclectic writing style inside, but every review I have read raves about it like it tore their heart out and stomped on it. So I figured it had to be good!
5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I love contemporary and this one seems so adorable, and i’ve heard great things about it! And it was $4.99 so I couldn’t pass it up.
6. Reckless by Cornelia Funke. I had never heard of this before, nor have I ever read any books by her, but this one seemed soo interesting! And that cover is awesome.
7. Embrace by Jessica Shirvinton.. I’m a sucker for angels, and this one has kept catching my eye.
8. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. Love me some Stiefvater, and this storyline seems really cool so i’m excited to read it.
9. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. The ladies at Epic Reads Tea Time caught my interest in this one, and I love High Fantasy.
10. Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I’ve been meaning to read Gaiman for a while now, and everyone says American Gods is where it’s at, but this one captures my interest a bit more, and lots have said this one is his best so we’ll see.
11. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood. My manager has tried to not get me to read or buy this one because she didn’t like the first few pages, but we have different taste and i’ve heard good things about this so i’m very excited to read it.
12. The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross. This cover! So gorgeous. And I love steampunk so this one should be good.
13. The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa. I bought The Iron King first and devoured it, then had to go out and get the rest. Such an awesome series so far. I was never a fan of Faeries until I came across Kagawa’s. She has quickly become one of my favourite authors, with The Iron Fey series and The Blood of Eden series.
So that wraps it up! What are some of your most recent purchases?