Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
Top Ten 2014 Releases I’m Dying To Read
I LOVE this topic because there are SO MANY amazing books coming out in 2014 that I can’t wait to get my hands on. This list isn’t in order of my most anticipated because I don’t think I could choose just one.
This series is easily in my top 3 favourite series ever and I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS BOOK. I neeeed to know how this ends. I recently reread Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Days of Blood and Starlight and loved them even more.
Release date: April 8th 2014
I’m definitely going to have to do a reread of this series before the last book comes out. But it’s amazing and such a mess with the mind kind of book.
Release date: June 10th 2014
Kasie knows how to make my heart patter with her adorable and totally swoon worthy romances. I am so excited for Split Second but On The Fence just seems so cute and I LOVE books where friends (especially neighbours a la My Life Next Door) fall in love.
Release date: July 1st 2014
Early reviews for this book are off the walls amazing. I am going to be sent a copy by Random House but not for a while, and I really want to know if all the hype is worth it.
Release date: May 13th 2014
I fell in love with Morgan Matson’s writing this year and she sure knows how to tug at my emotions like crazy. I am so excited for this new book of hers, and I love the cover so much!
Release date: May 6th 2014
This premise is amazing. And if anyone is going to make it perfect, it will be Jenny Han. And that cover is gorgeous!
Release date: April 22nd 2014
7. The first book in Rae Carson’s new Goldscryer Saga that is described as “a sweeping and romantic fantasy” that follows a teenage girl whose magical ability to find gold puts her in a dangerous position during the American Gold Rush. I will read anything this woman writes, and she has said that there is lots of kissing and romance in the new book as well. My need for this book is beyond rational.
No release date yet.
8. The 3rd book in the Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. No cover, title or release date yet but I waaaaant!
9. The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2)- Rick Yancey. No cover or description but the first book was such a paranoia filled book of awesome that I can’t wait to find out what happens next!
Release date: May 6th 2014
10. Ruin & Rising (The Grisha #3)- Leigh Bardugo. No cover either but there’s an awesome description. And after the way Siege & Storm ended, I cannot wait to get my hands on this book.
Release date: June 3rd 2014
11. City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6)- Cassandra Clare. I love love love this series and am happy it will be finally over!
Release date: May 27th 2014
12. The Blood Of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus #5)- Rick Riordan. Percy Jackson’s books are my favourite series of all time. Maybe even a little bit over Harry Potter, and I love HP forever. But Percy owns my heart, and to see this series come to a close is sad, but also exciting because it will be amazing and Riordan is still writing about Percy in a new series so he won’t be gone!
Release date: October 7th 2014
A contemporary Peter Pan retelling that sounds so intriguing. SO excited for this one. I love love love the cover on this one too!
Books I can’t wait to come out that I have been lucky enough to read!
Book I have but haven’t read yet and am super excited about
I honestly didn’t even try to make this a simple list of 10. There was no way it was going to happen because there are just too many amazing books that I am crazy excited to read. Let me know what made your lists this week in the comments!