Okay so there’s this thing going around on facebook where you get tagged and say a certain number of things about yourself that people may not know about you. I definitely am not the type of person to do that on facebook, but I figured since this is my personal blog and some of my readers may not know that much about me just from my reviews or my about me page, I thought it would be a neat little experiment for me to give you guys the chance to get to know me a little better!
1. I absolutely love classical music. Cello, Piano, Violin, anything. I also love falling asleep to it and listening to it while i’m studying.
2. I love Disney Princesses. For my 19th birthday, my cake topper was Cinderella and Aurora.
3. I know I want to work in publishing, and that I’ll have to move back east in order to work in the industry, and I basically have everything mapped out, but the steps to getting there are so incredibly slow and I am getting very frustrated by that fact, because I just want to be at that point!
4. I am only 21 and my boyfriend, Ben and I have already been together for 5 years. He’s my best friend and helps me be social when all I want to do is stay in and read my book. He wrote me princess story for my birthday and it was amazing. He makes me laugh all the time, and I am so proud of him for everything that he is doing right now.
which brings me to..
5. Ben and I are in a long distance relationship while he is away at school and it is awful. I love him and support him, but it is really really tough. On the plus side, he’s home on the 13th for a month and I am SO excited to see him.
6. Pretty journals are my weakness, even though I don’t write in them that often.
7. I work in a bookstore and loooove it.
8. Just because I love to read and am always reading, that doesn’t make me a writer. At all. I have some cool ideas, but definitely don’t have the talent to get it written down. People seem to assume that just because I read, I also want to be a writer.
9. I become easily obsessed with things. Usually books, sometimes movies.
10. The Leonardo DiCaprio Romeo and Juliet is my favourite movie. I love Baz Luhrman’s style of directing. Moulin Rouge is a favourite too, also by Luhrman.
11. The school I currently go to takes an hour to get there usually and it is extremely frustrating transiting that far for school. The school I want to transfer to, with the publishing program, is 10 minutes away from my house.
12. I love working out and exercising, but am going through a huge slump right now and have no motivation.
14. I adore snow, and although I live in Canada, my part doesn’t get as much as I wish we did. Also to mention, my boyfriend and I met in the snow and he loves it just as much as I do. I also love when it’s really really cold out, but the sky is crystal clear and blue.
15. I’m neither a cat nor dog person. I love both equally!
16. Turquoise and sea foam green are my favourite colours. My room is sea foam green with all white furniture and full of books and is my favourite place to be. It’s very soothing.
17. I’m a sucker for girly, whimsical things.
18. I have four tattoos. A dreamcatcher with my name, my sisters and my mother’s name surrounding it. A book on my wrist that I got at the same time as I got the quote “Books fall open, you fall in” on my collarbone. And the word Dreamer following my hairline behind my ear. They remind me to never fall out of love with reading and to never stop using my imagination.
19. I collect children’s books and have a soft spot for a good love story.
20. I LOVE the Christmas holidays. The lights, decorations, music, atmosphere, snow, basically everything. It’s cozy, warm, beautiful, happy and dreamlike.
and a bonus..
21. I am in school studying Communications, but I took two English classes this semester that really intrigued me and that I am excelling at a lot and it’s seriously making me debate whether or not I want to continue on with Communications. I can still take publishing with English when I transfer next year and I am just so confused on what to do. Give me your opinions please! I need help!
So that’s a little about me! I also wrote this post as a way to procrastinate about writing a paper due for a class. But oh well. It was fun! Let me know some interesting stuff about yourself in the comments too!