This week on TTT (hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish) I will be talking about the Top Ten Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger and considering I haven’t been blogging for that long, this will be tough, because I have been reading forever and my list just keeps growing.
1. Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar was one of my absolute favourite series. It was posh, set in New York and had beautiful people in it. It was a fun read.
2. Percy Jackson and The Olympians by Rick Riordan is one of the greatest MG series of all time. Greek mythology has always been an interest of mine and i finished this five book series in 4 days. One of my faves.
3. As much as people compare Divergent by Veronica Roth to THG, I have to say, I love Divergent more. THG was great, don’t get me wrong, but I felt this series was a bit more mature and not nearly as depressing.
4. A Great And Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray was one of the first series that fully pulled me into the YA genre when I was younger. I have read my whole life, and when I reached a certain age I was ready to move on from MG, this series was perfect for that. And I have a deep love of gothic novels set in Victorian London.
5. Eragon by Christopher Paolini was recommended to me by my boyfriend, and it was such an amazing series. It’s the series that got me into fantasy, and I love any story with dragons in it.
6. Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Anne Brashares will always have a place in my heart. I connected hugely with this series and the amazing girls in it when I was a teenager and it is one I can always go back and reread for the millionth time.
7. Harry Potter by J.K Rowling. I don’t even feel like I need to say anything about this.
8. Private by Kate Brian was an awesome series when I was younger. Dark, mysterious and takes place a a boarding school. All great combinations.
9. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead had me hooked right from the first book till the sixth. Sexy, vampires, action and a boarding school. And Rose Hathaway is one of my favourite leading ladies in YA.
10. Anything cutesy and chick-lit by Rachel Hawthorne really. They were cute, fun books.